- What information we collect and why we collect it.
- How we use that information.
- The choices we offer, including how to access and update information.
We’ve tried to keep it as simple as possible, but if you’re not familiar with terms like cookies, IP addresses, pixel tags and browsers, then read about these key terms first.
Information we collect
We collect information to provide better services to all of our users – from figuring out basic stuff like your marital status, to more complex things like which search results you’ll find most useful.
We collect information in the following ways:
- Information you give us. For example, we require you to sign up using Facebook, Google Account or manually register with us. When you do, we’ll ask for personal information, like your name, email address, telephone number or gender to store with your account.
- Information we get from your use of our services.We collect information about the services that you use and how you use them. This information includes:
- Device information:We collect device-specific information (such as your hardware model, operating system version, unique device identifiers, and mobile network information including phone number).
- Log information:When you use our services, we automatically collect and store certain information in server logs. This includes:
- Details of how you used our service, such as your search queries.
- Internet protocol address.
- Device event information such as crashes, system activity, hardware settings, browser type, browser language, the date and time of your request and referral URL.
- Cookies that may uniquely identify your browser.
- Location information:When you use our services, we may collect and process information about your actual location. We use various technologies to determine location, including GPS, and other sensors that may, for example, provide Ambience Malls with information on nearby devices, Wi-Fi access points and cell towers.
- Unique application numbers:Certain services include a unique application number. This number and information about your installation (for example, the operating system type and application version number) may be sent to Ambience Malls when you install or uninstall that service or when that service periodically contacts our servers, such as for automatic updates.
- Local storage:We may collect and store information (including personal information) locally on your device using mechanisms such as browser web storage (including HTML 5) and application data caches.
- Cookies and similar technologies: We use various technologies to collect and store information when you user Ambience Malls service, and this may include using cookies or similar technologies to identify your browser or device.
Information we collect when you are signed in to Ambience Malls, in addition to information we obtain about you from partners, may be associated with your account. When information is associated with your account, we treat it as personal information.
How we use information we collect
We use the information we collect from all of our services to provide, maintain, protect and improve them, to develop new ones, and to protect Ambience Malls and our users. We also use this information to offer you tailored content – like giving you more relevant search results.
When you contact Ambience Malls, we keep a record of your communication to help solve any issues you might be facing. We may use your email address to inform you about our services, such as letting you know about upcoming changes or improvements.
Our automated systems analyze your content (including emails) to provide you personally relevant product features, such as customized search results.
Accessing and updating your personal information
Whenever you use our services, we aim to provide you with access to your personal information. If that information is wrong, we strive to give you ways to update it quickly or to delete it – unless we have to keep that information for legitimate business or legal purposes. When updating your personal information, we may ask you to verify your identity before we can act on your request.
We may reject requests that are unreasonably repetitive, require disproportionate technical effort (for example, developing a new system or fundamentally changing an existing practice), risk the privacy of others, or would be extremely impractical (for instance, requests concerning information residing on backup systems).
Where we can provide information access and correction, we will do so for free, except where it would require a disproportionate effort. We aim to maintain our services in a manner that protects information from accidental or malicious destruction. Because of this, after you delete information from our services, we may not immediately delete residual copies from our active servers and may not remove information from our backup systems.
Information we share
We do not share personal information with companies, organizations and individuals outside of Ambience Malls unless one of the following circumstances applies:
- With your consent
We will share personal information with companies, organizations or individuals outside of Ambience Malls when we have your consent to do so. We require opt-in consent for the sharing of any sensitive personal information.
- For external processing
- For legal reasons
We will share personal information with companies, organizations or individuals outside of Ambience Malls if we have a good-faith belief that access, use, preservation or disclosure of the information is reasonably necessary to:
- meet any applicable law, regulation, legal process or enforceable governmental request.
- enforce applicable Terms of Service, including investigation of potential violations.
- detect, prevent, or otherwise address fraud, security or technical issues.
- protect against harm to the rights, property or safety of Ambience Malls, our users or the public as required or permitted by law.
We may share non-personally identifiable information publicly and with our partners – like publishers, advertisers or connected sites. For example, we may share information publicly to show trends about the general use of our services.
We work hard to protect Ambience Malls and our users from unauthorized access to or unauthorized alteration, disclosure or destruction of information we hold. In particular:
- We restrict access to personal information to Ambience Malls employees, contractors and agents who need to know that information in order to process it for us, and who are subject to strict contractual confidentiality obligations and may be disciplined or terminated if they fail to meet these obligations.
Compliance and cooperation with regulatory authorities